IxD Interaction Designer CPUX-F - UA1060
IXD Interaction Designer in 4,5 days incl. CPUX-F certificate for the development and design of products, software, websites, APPs, Internet of Things and other systems with touch, mouse, keyboard and gesture user interfaces. From the basics of ISO 9241, context of use analysis, persona, design thinking & conceptualization, prototyping to usability testing + testing + CPUX-F certificate.
The training for any interaction designer or UX professional who wants to design intuitive devices and systems that are well usable by everyone and have a unique UX / User Experience.
Unique: planning, conducting and evaluating remote usability tests with real users.
Special with practical exercises: Design Thinking in combination with UCD User Centered Design for the development of products in the Internet of Things.
The focus of the seminar is on practical exercises. For all concepts of the seminar there are extensive practical exercises from the areas: Internet of Things / TouchDesign / Mobile TouchDesign.
Motto of the seminar: From the idea to creative methods (design thinking), storyboard, to the finished concept for an interaction design.
The IXD - Interaction Designer teaches all career starters or experienced UX professionals the most important usability & UX methods according to the official criteria and curriculum of the UXQB (Usability & UX Qualification Board).
Recognized certificate of the UXQB®: Certified Professional for Usability and User Experience - Foundation Level (CPUX-F).
Duration: 4,5 days
Usability Principles and Guidelines:
• Overview of Usability, User Experience, UCD User Centered Design, ISO 9241
• Basics of User-Centered Design ISO 9241-210
• Most important standards and guidelines ISO 9241-11 / 110/12
• Usability & User Experience the difference
• Principles of Dialogue Design
• Intuitivity and Affordance
• Standards and guidelines
Understanding and specifying the context of use:
• User Groups, User Group Profiles and Personas
• Primary Users, Secondary Users, Indirect Users
• Actual scenarios versus usage scenarios (target scenarios)
• Interview and observation techniques
Specifying the usage requirements
• User needs versus User requirements
• Usage requirements as a subset of stakeholder requirements
Specifying the interaction
• Task modeling as a basis for task-appropriate interaction
• Interaction specification with usage scenarios and storyboards
• Usage objects, information architecture and navigation
• Basic Principles of 'Good UX Design', Golden Rules
• Perception Psychology - Mental Models, Affordances, Gestalt Principles
• Design and design rules
• IOS / Google Style Guide
• Types of usability tests
• Select and formulate usability test tasks
• Prepare and run usability tests
• Document and communicate usability test results
• Inspections and user surveys
• Types of inspection
• inspection criteria
• Types of user survey
• Questionnaire selection and design
Process management and use of methods
• process roles
• Work products in usability engineering
Good UX Design', Golden Rules
• Basics of good design
• Design rules
• Psychology of perception
• Basic ergonomic rules
Design Thinking Process
• Basics of the design thinking process
• Application in IxD interaction Design and UxD User Experience Design in the Internet of Things
• Practical example from product development
Analysis phase and usability methods for IxD - UX Design
• Interview and Questionnaire
• Other analysis methods
• Idea generation and development, scope definition and ideation
• Task analysis, workflow analysis
• Exercise: Ideation
Scenario Development IxD - UX Design
• Script and scenario
• Scenario vs User Story; what is the difference?
• Scenario and User Experience
• Exercise: Scenario
Persona IxD - UX Design
• Persona and variants of persona
• Persona vs Role; what is the difference?
• User Experience and Persona
• Exercise: Persona
Workflow, UseCase & Wireframe IxD - UX Design
• Workflows and sequences for task-oriented design
• Iterative development of Workflow, UseCase & Wireframe
• Wireframe development
• Validation of concept ideas
• Exercise: Workflow, UseCase, Wireframe
Interaction Design IxD - UX Design
• Overview of interaction elements and their use
• Basic rules of User Experience Design
• Introduction to prototyping in the context of usability engineering
• Overview of prototype types, purposes and test times
• Low-fidelity prototyping
• Exercise: 'paper prototyping' or / and tool-based prototyping
The seminar is based on the curriculum of the International Usability and User Experience Board (UXQB) and finishes with the certification exam of the UXQB® Certified Professional for Usability and User Experience (CPUX-F). If you are interested, you can optionally take the exam for the Certified Professional for Usability and User Experience.
The seminar contents correspond to the curriculum and glossary of the International Usability and User Experience Qualification Board (UXQB), which is recognized by the Professional Association of Usability Professionals (German UPA).
Information for the CPUX-F exam:
- The exam can take place remotely from home (75 minutes)
- You need an undisturbed (home) workstation and a computer with webcam and microphone, stable internet connection and either Chrome, Firefox or Opera Browser.
- You are free to choose the date. It could be useful to prepare 1-3 days. Some use a weekend in between for intensive study.
- Registration and payment can be made via the Usability Academy or directly with the Exam Organization Certible or ISQI
1.380,- Euro plus VAT without examination
+ 300,- Euro plus VAT CPUX-F certification exam (optional)